April 16, 2008

Everybody loves a Ryanair fax

To: Customer Service, Ryanair +353 1 8121230

Date: 15 April 2008

From: ejh

Routes: Zaragoza-Stansted, Stansted-Zaragoza


Dear Ryanair Customer Service

Some weeks ago, I booked two Ryanair flights: on Friday 2 May from Zaragoza to Stansted and on Wednesday 7 May from Stansted to Zaragoza. There is only one flight a day between these destinations.

On 27 March I received an email from Ryanair Schedule Change (info@ryanair-schedule-change.com) titled 1st Notification of a change in departure/arrival time of your flight informing me that the times of the flights had changed. I accepted these changes by clicking on the link provided and indicating my acceptance in the manner requested.

I expected to receive some sort of email confirmation: but none arrived. Instead, on 5 April I was surprised to receive a second email titled 2nd Notification of a change in departure/arrival time of your flight informing me of the same change that I had already been informed of and requesting that I carry out the same acceptance that I had performed already. I did so, and again, no confirmation arrived.

Today, 15 April, I received a third email, though it was in fact titled 2nd Notification of a change in departure/arrival time of your flight rather than 3rd as one might have expected. I have accepted as well, and again have received no confirmation.

By this stage I had become a little nervous that my acceptances were not being confirmed because they had not been received, and I therefore attempted to call Ryanair Customer Service in order to check that everything was in order. However, attempts to call these numbers were in vain. I have tried to call both your Great Britain number (0871 246 0000) and your Spain number (807 220 032) but each instance, after the message informing me of how much the call will cost, there is a voice telling me that the number is not recognised.

I therefore urgently need confirmation, by email, that my acceptance of your flight changes has been received. I find it extraordinary – and extraordinarily frustrating – that, when you can require a confirmation from me for a change which you yourselves have made, that you can continue to send requests after I have done precisely what has been asked of me, and that when I try to call yourselves about it – on lines that would not be cheap even if I could get through - the numbers are unavailable. It puts me in an impossible situation where I neither know whether I am going to be permitted to travel, nor can check. Could you please urgently send me a confirmation that I am a passenger on these flights and if possible see why your phone numbers are inoperative. Thank you.

4 Comments:

At April 16, 2008 9:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RyanAir's phones inoperative... and so it continues...

 
At April 19, 2008 7:46 pm, Blogger Matthew said...

Did you solve the problem? The Ryanair number works for me now.

 
At April 19, 2008 9:59 pm, Blogger ejh said...

Yeah, it's OK. Though having to arrive at Stansted at midnight is causing me no end of grief.

 
At April 30, 2008 1:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes, the lovely Ryanair, where the customer comes last.

How nice of them to change the flight times to/from Zaragoza from around midday to around midnight.

Good luck to anyone travelling with young kids...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home